Velvety Chickpea soup
A simple and excellent soup prepared with few high quality ingredients that will bring on your table the flavours of the mediterranean cuisine.
TO SERVE 4 PERSONS YOU WILL NEED:
- 500gr of cooked chickpeas (see below how to cook dried chickpeas “La vita è bella”)
- 2 large leeks cut into rings, white and light green parts only
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Vegetable broth
- In a large soup pot, add the extra virgin olive oil and shortly sauté the leeks on a medium-low flame (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the chickpeas and cook for one more minute. Pour enough broth to cover the chickpeas and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until chickpeas are tender and soft, about 25 minutes.
- Purée the soup with an immersion blender and add more water if your soup is too thick. If necessary, add a pinch of salt to taste.
- To serve, pour the soup into each bowl and top with pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. You can serve your soup with sliced toasted bread.
HOW TO COOK DRIED CHICKPEAS
Cover the dried chickpeas with water and let them soak for a minimum of 12 to a maximum of 24 hours, changing the water two or three times if possible.
The weight of chickpeas doubles, while their volume triples. After soaking, drain the chickpeas, rinse them thoroughly and place them into a pressure cooker.
Cover with cold water and cook for about 30/40 minutes from the whistle.
Your chickpeas "La vita è bella" are now ready for all your preparation.
- Notonlyspaghetti Team