Fennel and leek velvety soup
It's autumn or winter time and your thinking about a tasty and healthy dish to cook? There is nothing better than a velvety soup to warm you up!
If you go to a grocery store you will be surprised by the colors and shapes of the vegetable varieties that nature offers you at this time of the year.
For this soup we will concentrate on white coloured vegetables, but don't forget the final green touch before serving the soup...a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil that will incredibly perfume your soup.
You can choose among the wide selection of excellent Extra Virgin Olive Oils from "NotOnlySpaghetti" catalog. Let's start!
TO SERVE 4 PERSONS YOU WILL NEED:
- 1-2 shallots
- 4 fennels
- 2 leeks
- 2-3 potatoes (about 300-350g)
- Vegetable broth, as needed
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- Clean the fennels by cutting the upper green parts and removing the outer layers, roughly cut and wash them.
- Cut off the green part of the leeks and remove the outer layers, cut them into rings.
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut them into chunks.
- In a saucepan add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil plus 2 tablespoons of water and shortly sauté the shallots on a low-medium flame.
- Add the leeks, the fennels and potatoes. Add enough vegetable broth to cover all ingrdients. Cover with a lid, bring it to a boil and cook it on a medium flame until potatoes and fennels become soft (about 15-20 minutes).
- Finally, purée the soup with an immersion hand blender.
- Plate up your velvety soup, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve with toasted sliced bread.
To make it more flavoured, you can sprinkle your soup with freshly grated parmesan.
If you prepare your soup a bit in advance it will be more tasteful, but don't forget to warm it up before serving.
- Notonlyspaghetti Team