Preparation difficulty : 4/10
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Portions: 6 people
Best served: Ideal for breakfast and snacks
1) Cold Water: 60 g
2) Soft grain wholewheat flour: 250g
3) Demarara Sugar: 80g
4) Sunflower Oil: 60g
5) Chocolate Chips: 85g
6) Baking Powder: 1tsp
7) Hazelnut grains: 30g
- Dissolve the sugar in cold water
- Sift flour and baking powder and start mixing in a bowl by hand. Gradually stir in the hazelnut grains and sunflower oil. Dissolve the sugar into the water and add it to the mix. Finally add the chocolate chips.
- Stir the mixture well until forming a smooth ball.
- Wrap the mixture in clingfilm, store it in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Roll out the mixture to 4/5 millimeters in thickness, or whichever thickness suits you.
- Shape your biscuit using a biscuit cutter
- Place them on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180° for 15/20 minutes, until golden brown (cooking time depends on biscuits thickness).
- Remove the tray from the oven and let the biscuits cool down for at least an hour.